Pages

Wednesday 9 June 2021

Te Ao Whanui

 Yesterday in Te Ao Whanui we had to watch a video called "Kaupapa On The Couch Get On the Waka". The video was just basically telling us about wakas. After we watched the video we have to read a book. The book was called Waka Tapu. We now have to do three tasks from a task board. The board looks like a bingo board.  For the board you don't have to do three in a row, you can do any. The three tasks I choose do were a word of feelings, creative writing and traditional instruments. Here is my work.

Creative Writing:

It was a cold day in the ocean. Even though it was cold the scenery was still very beautiful.  The scenery for most of the day was a bright blue sky with some clouds in the sky. Today was my day off from working on the waka. Most of the day I was laying down watching the sky. If I wasn't doing that I was watching the water go by. Sometimes I would put my hand into the water and splash the water onto my face to cool down. The food today we the same as the other day's rice and fish. The rice tasted blended and dry. The fish tasted very salty and dry. 

A Word Of Feelings

The five words I choose to write about were anxiety, regretful, lonely, bold, Excited.
Excited: The reason why he might be excited is because he is going out onto the sea and is going to see things he hasn't seen.
Bold: He might be feeling bold because he is really proud of something
Lonely: He might feel lonely because there is no one around him.
Regretful: He might feel regretful because he did something and he isn't proud of it.
Anxiety: He might have anxiety because he thinks something bad will happen.



Traditional Instrument













After we did the tasks we have to do a fash finish task. The fast finish task is to do a critical thinking sheet. Here is the critical writing.

This is most affected to the Pasifika people and Maori people.
The thing that is getting in the way of the action is the government.
We can see this in New Zealand because in New Zealand there are lots of Pasifika people and Maori people. 
The time we will know that this is acceptable when the government is allowing this to happen.
This is relevant to me because my family is Maori and I know people that are Pasifika and Maori. This is also relevant to me because it is happening around New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.