Pages

Tuesday 6 July 2021

CARR Stamps Encourage Students To Make Positive Choices

 Today in Te Ao Whanui we are doing another do now. Every time we have To Ao Whanui we have to do a do now. For the do now we to write about a statement for 15 minutes. Each statement is different from the last one. The statement is "CARR stamps encourage students to make positive choices". I didn't have many ideas but I had some. Here is my writing.

I don't agree with this statement because even if we are doing positive choices we still don't get stamps. Even though students finish their work or help someone out they still don't get stamps. The CARR stamps don't do much.  Most of the time, teachers say to have our CARR cards out and still don't stamp us. There are only a few rewards if you get so much. When we get 5 full CARR cards we get a postcard home. When we get 10 full CARR cards we get a 5 dollars cafe voucher. When we get 20 full CARR cards we get 10 dollars to the cafe or the hub. Most of the time teachers have their CARR stamp on them and they don't even stamp. I don't like it when the teachers say that they will stamp our card but they don't. One of the things I like about them is that you don't have to pay to go to the cafe with your voucher. Most of the time my CARR card is in my pocket folded up. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Carla it is Lacie.
    I read through you writing and I agree that if we are doing the write things we do not always get stamps, I think that Teachers should use there stamps more often for the students that are doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carla,
    I agree with what you said, they don't really do anything, also they don't give out stamps often anyways. Maybe next time you could put a picture or something.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.