Pages

Thursday 24 June 2021

Student Summit

Today I went over to Hornby Primary School to present and do some workshops for the student summit. For the student summit, I worked and presented with Alexia. The thing we choose to present was canva. I wasn't very nervous presenting but Alexia was. The presentation went very well. There were more people than I expected. Miss Tozer the teacher we went with made the students that were in the workshop send their work to her. Once they shared their work with her, she chooses some out and shares it on the tv. The reason we choose to do canva is because we have used it lots and it is very easy to use. My favourite part was when the students were working and we were looking at their work. The things I choose to do were creative coggleing and wedeo/wevideo. I didn't know what coggle was but when I was at the workshop I knew what it was. Coggle is a website that you can make mind maps on. I didn't also know what wedeo/wevideo was until we were at the workshop and I realised that I have used it before. If you don't know what student summit is. it's when different schools from the same cluster come together in one place and share what they have been working on during the time. People get to choose if they want to present and then share it with over kids. They could also choose to do some workshops. Before you present it you have to make a slide or something else that explains what the website or tool you are sharing is, how to use it, what it does.  On the slideshow you make you can put examples of what you can do on it. Here is a photo from one of the workshops.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Carla

    I am so proud that you took the challenge to go present at the Summit! I am pleased that you weren't too nervous and that your Canva presentation went well. One of my favourite parts of teaching is also getting to check in with all students during the lesson and see what they are working on - it sounds like you got a little peek into what our jobs are like!

    I haven't heard of Coggle either, it might be a cool tool to try to use in our Hurumanu classes for the next tasks that requires a mindmap or plan!

    Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.