Pages

Tuesday 16 March 2021

Women's Suffrage Movement

 Today in reading my group Superman had to read about women suffrage. The book was called The Fight To Vote. After we read that we have to write a paragraph about women's suffrage. I asked my teacher if I could change it so my writing was still about women's suffrage but it was like I am writing about my experience. Here is my writing.

Women's Suffrage haves been going on for a long time. I was one of the people who were marching along the street yelling to make a change in the world. I remember going out for a walk one day and going to other people houses and asking the ladies inside what they do all day and I only remember hearing that all they would be in the kitchen or in the garden or cleaning the house. Personally, I thought that was really unfair. I was not allowed to vote for a long time. I felt like we had no power and all we were made for was to stay in the house. I was so glad when we could vote because I felt like we had more power and that we weren't just meant for the kitchen. I love the new system. It was personally one of the big things that happened to me. I remember being let to vote for the first time in my life. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.