Pages

Friday 20 November 2020

Speech Writing - Why Girls Should Be Allowed To Play Rugby When There Older Then 13

Since November 3rd we have been writing a speech. We had to choose a topic about what we don't like or what we want to change. My topic is "why girls should be allowed to play rugby when there older then 13. We had to time our speech when we are done writing it. I choose to write about this because I play rugby and I play with other girls in mixed teams but some of them are 13 and they are playing with there brother. So far I have timed my work 2 times and its 2 minutes long and couple of seconds long.Here is my speech. 

Do you ever get tired of not being allowed to play rugby? I do very much. Hi there, my name is Carla and I am here to tell you why girls should be allowed to play rugby.



Why should girls be allowed to play rugby? I think girls should be allowed to play rugby because it makes girls stronger and it makes girls more brave. Girls should be allowed to play rugby because it gives girls a chance for them to not be what their parents want them to be. There’s a stereotype for girls that want to play “boy sports” and their parents don’t support it. Most of the time girls don’t play rugby because they think boys will be mean and judge them about it. I know lots of girls that like rugby and want to play but they don't want to because they think they will get judged.



Not many clubs offer girls rugby teams. When you are 13 and younger you can play mixed teams. When girls in the country are older than 13 we are not allowed to play rugby until we are 18 and women’s teams are offered. When girls are older than 13 we have to go into town and play but sometimes in town it can be expensive. How do you think Emily Valentine became popular? Emily Valentine became popular because she played rugby. She was the first girl to ever play rugby in history that's how she became popular.



For me it is good to play rugby because it makes me less of a girly girl and it makes me have more confidence with what I want to be. Girly girls can still play rugby even though they like pink or they like dresses. It doesn't matter if we play rugby



Did you know the Black Ferns are better than the All Blacks? It is very true I tell you, if you don't believe me go and search. Rugby makes girls  have more questions. Girls can be the man. When girls remember who they are the game changes. That's why I think girls should be allowed to play rugby no matter what their age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.