Pages

Thursday 5 August 2021

100 Word Challenge

 Today in wānanga if we have finished the on this day activity we have to do the 100-word challenge. We got two things we could choose to write about. The one I choose to write said "trust me". The other one was about hockey and I don't really like hockey. Here is the writing I did and a photo of the two choices.

It was a cold day in Masterton, everyone had their fire on and had the hot coco next to them. I wasn't inside in the warmth, I was outside trying to get a person to trust me. The reason why I was trying to get the person to trust me was because of my last name. My last name is Mather. My family has a very bad past with Masterton. No one likes my family because of it but the new generation is a lot better than our ancestors. That is the only reason why they won't be my friend. All I want them to do is trust me.

As you know my last name is Mather and you know that my family has a bad past with Masterton. My family was in high school when they came to Masterton. When my family came to Masterton no one liked them. My family "doesn't know" why no one liked them. When I got told the story of when they were there I thought it would have been about their looks. The reason I think that no one liked them because of how they look is because they looked very different from the other people back then. The real reason why people don't like them is because they are witches and wizards.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Carla

    Wow, what an atmospheric story! I like the way you've incorporated the prompt into the story, and it has a hopeful yet eerie feel to it!

    Have you thought about what might happen next if you were to carry on the story? Why does your character want to be trusted regardless of their last name?

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.