Pages

Tuesday 9 June 2020

Tapa Cloth Art - Tuna o Runga i te Rangi

Last week we had read a book called "The creation of Tuna" Tuna o Runga i te Rangi is the name of the Tuna. We had to create a haiku and a tapa cloth about the book. The materials we used were black, light brown paper and white, brown chalk. A tapa cloth is a thing made in the Pacific Ocean and it is originally made out of bark and trees. Normally people do 6 - 8 boxes if they are on paper but if they are on a cloth you can make as much as you want as long as it fits on the cloth. We have to use 2D shapes not 3D. The symbols I used were the sun, lake, trees, heaven, vine and the Tuna that was cut into pieces. The word tapa is from Tahiti. It was hard to create my haiku because my tapa cloth was not with me and couldn't find words about it. Here are my haiku and tapa cloth. If I did this again I would of tried to do my drawings better and make it have more sense.

Haiku
Black and White colour
The symbols are simple
Contrast colours


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.