Pages

Friday 16 April 2021

Hero Writing

 On Wednesday we started writing about our hero. The story could be real or fake. I choose to do a real story. The hero I choose to do was my Dad because the past week has been a bit sad for him. I thought this would be good to write about because my great Granddad is also dead and my Dad can't get over there because of covid. The story contains death in it. Here is the story.

It was the middle of the holidays. Everyone was going out to different places. The day was calm and people out walking their dogs. I was just sitting in my room on my chromebook watching youtube. Soon my Dad got a phone call from my Nana. I paused my video because I am a nosey kid. As soon as my Dad started talking I knew it was something bad. My Dad and Nana were talking for a long time. It has been about a half-hour since they called and I haven’t heard anything since then.  It has been about 1 hour since the call and my Dad called us down to the lounge. When we got down to the lounge my Dad started talking. He said, “Okay so Nana called me and uh said that the hospital called her about Nana(Great Nana) and uh she has passed.I asked him if he knows what time she died. After a couple of minutes, he finally replied that she died at about 11:30 there time so 1:30 our time. Since they live in Australia they are behind us in time. My Nana was not there when she died because she was in Melbourne or Brisbane but she got there the next day.  Soon its night time and my family decided to come to my house and have a video call with our Nana. We even got to Rose, my auntie. The people that came were my uncle Aj, my other uncle Daniel, my auntie Christine and my big sister Katelyn with her baby Sienna. I wasn’t down there at the start but I was down there later. Everyone got a turn to talk to her. Since this has happened my Dad has been taking the week of work. My Father even got the kitten that our uncles place because it got dumped by its mother

The funeral is later next week. It is going to be live-streamed because we can’t get over there because of covid and quarantine. After the funeral, she is going to get cremated like our Granddad(Great Granddad) did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.