Pages

Tuesday 1 September 2020

War Letter To Family

Today we have to create a letter to our family and answer some questions. We have to add detail and what we thought it would be like there. We have to pretend that we are a boy in the war heading to fight with the British Empire. Here is my letter of what I would write to my family if I was in the war and the answers.

Letter:

Dear Family,

Sorry I haven't been sending you letters or replaying to you. I know its been more then 3 months since I sent you a letter. Its been a long 3 months since then but there's been lots of stuff going on right now Im sorry. I don't have much time left so i'm just going to tell you only a bit of stuff that's happened this 3 months. The trenches smell really bad you wont even last a day in and there fill with rats and flies. There has been lots of stuff that went wrong but there was a bit one. We landed at a cliff by the beach side not knowing where we were and then all the suddenly there were screams going from the cliff. Me and my friends have been on the feld all month with out food only water. Could you please send us some food for a month. There's been lots of attacks and lucky I haven't go hurt. 

Love _____

Answer:

1. Because they had to and some of them wanted to. Most off the people volunteered to go.
2. In Gallipoli they fighted there for eight months. In Passchendaele they fighted there for three months.
3. 16,000 New Zealanders died and 41,000 were wounded.
4. The out come was that when we were fighting Gallipoli was that we snuck out at night and also set up traps to think that we were still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.