Pages

Wednesday 27 May 2020

Samoa Umu

Today we had to watch a video about how to make a Umu. A Umu is from Samoa, its like a Hangi but above the ground. Here is the link to the video. The teacher gave us questions to answer, here are my answers.
A Umu is sort of a Hangi but above the ground.
A Umu is needed for food and to calibrate.
A Umu is for calibrations.
Traditional Samoa skills are taught by you, you have to watch and learn and listen to the quotes  they give you.

A Hangi is similar to a Umu. I experienced it when I was at school and when I went to my Dads friends house
Bananas, taro, fish, octopus/mackerel, pig and coconut shells are cooked in a Umu


Samoan Umu - YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.